Nick Pavlidis joins me on the podcast today. He is a lawyer, writer, entrepreneur, and passionate about being present with his family. He is the author of Confessions of a Terrible Husband, and host of the podcasts Confessions of a Terrible Husband and 5 Minutes with Dad.
On this episode, we talk about:
- His drive to make money and support his family
- Realizing he was focusing on the wrong things
- Meeting a healthy married couple turned everything around for him
- He and his wife argued about the word home, and he realized he had been wrong
- “In less than 48 hours of being nice to my wife, she asked me if everything was okay”
- It’s difficult to make dramatic changes in an existing job
- “If there was one person like me, there are probably more”
- He’s a non-expert who wants to help other people with their marriages
- Talking openly about marriage helps other people
- Just start doing something!
- How can I interrupt the cycle
- He’s more effective, even with less time, because of being intentional and staying focused
- If you want to get in the entrepreneurial game, get in the game!
- Every business has something to sell, someone to sell it to, and a way to deliver it to them
- Start with whatever slice of time you have
- The Seven week startup will be open for enrollment again in the summer
What did you take away from today’s episode? Share in the comments below.