I absolutely loved having my friend Ronne Rock on the show today. She is full of wisdom and has such a huge heart. She is a curator of story, hopelessly addicted to hope, and a lover of kitchen therapy. I can’t wait to share Ronne’s words with you today.
On this episode, we talk about:
- Her conviction of the heart that led her to leave the corporate world
- “I’m not just a marketer. I’m actually a writer. I love narrating life.”
- How she found her own heart’s purpose
- “Your purpose doesn’t have to start in your 20’s or 30’s.”
- Her love of telling stories about broken places
- The questions she started asking herself
- What is it that you can’t not do?
- When you dream at night, what is it that you dream of?
- Who is it that you love to talk to more than anyone?
- “I am created to narrate the life of other people.”
- “My purpose in life is to tell a story of restoration and redemption.”
- How owning that purpose changed her perspective
- You can always rediscover yourself, regardless of your age
- “It’s never too late to start. God has no timeline.” – Guatemalan missionary
- God’s in the business of creating new
- “When the dream starts to be planted, take a step.”
- Learning to build and craft your life
- “This is who I am inside, regardless of my circumstances.”
- “This is the contribution that I get to make, regardless of where I’m at.”
- How her heart started to long for doing right for those who were invisible
- “We are a people who need hope”
- “Hope is contagious”
- Learning to narrate the story of hope
- Honor and respect the place you are going
- Seeing hope bubble up from the ground in a new place
- “Get low to see eye to eye with the country”
- How can our hands and feet serve you?
- “Right now, I’m being a response to a prayer.”
- You’ll learn more if you take time to listen
- The first thing to being present is to shut up!
- Remove the opportunity for us to ignore important things
Ronne had so much wisdom to share, so I decided to split her interview into two parts. This is the first time I’ve done this. We’ll be back in a few days with the remainder of the interview.
What did you like about this episode? Share in the comments below.