Amy Latta joins me on the podcast today. She is passionate about helping others find their truth. She challenges us to look at how we are treating our bodies and learn to shift our mindset.
On this episode, we talk about:
- Her shift from pure weight loss and fitness to learning to love her body
- Will loving your body work better than hating your body?
- “We’re tired of feeling unworthy because of what we look like. We are tired of being told we’re not good enough because our body doesn’t fit an ideal.”
- Shifting from the mindset of fixing what’s wrong with us to loving who we are
- How her view of her thighs changed
- What do you love about yourself?
- Take the thing you don’t like and put it in a positive light
- Learning to love who you are, right where you are
- A mindset change is harder than following a simple plan
- Helping people with deep emotional steps doesn’t make for slick marketing
- If she can help one more person recognize that they don’t have to hate their body anymore, it’s worth it
- How the mind, body and soul are connected
- Yoga helps her appreciate where she is right at that moment
- When you treat your body well, your mind does better too
- The world would be a better place if we could all see how those things are connected
- Perfectionism has been debilitating at times
- Perfectionism keeps us from doing things we want and feel called to do
- “And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” Anaiis Nin
- Take small, daily baby steps
What impacted you from Amy’s insight?