Chad Allen joins me on the podcast today. Chad is a writer, editor, speaker and creativity coach. He is also the Editorial Director for Baker Books. Chad’s mission is to help creative people find their voice and do their art. Chad has incredible insight and knowledge to share with us on the show today.
On this episode, we talk about:
- Chasing a dream while being intentional with your day job
- We all have our own unique art to bring to the world
- Todd Henry’s book, The Accidental Creative
- Creativity doesn’t just happen
- Questions can be doors to whole worlds that you didn’t know existed
- You have to imitate before you can innovate
- Tell stories whenever you can
- What can we do in our margins?
- A time problem is really a priority or value problem
- Chad’s power statement – Deeply called to help creative people do their best work
- Developing a clear sense of why
- Rest is an important part of the creative process
- Books don’t write themselves overnight
- Make your creative journey sustainable
- Develop a creative circle
How are you doing your art?
As always, I am so thankful for your honest reviews on iTunes. If you have not already done so, would you take two minutes to leave your feedback? Thank you!