Amy Campbell joins me on the podcast today. She is also known as My Resume Lady, and helps people maximize their strengths. She is passionate about helping people become thought leaders in their industry, and representing themselves well.
On this episode, we talk about:
- We can build our brand in every interaction we have
- We are too emotionally connected to our content to accurately display our work
- We are all experts in something
- Soft skills can be very important in breaking down technical concepts
- Find a group to establish discussion and become a thought leader
- Our ideas for ourselves can quickly become stale
- Don’t isolate yourself
- Seek external guidance
- We are able to give when we get out of our circumstances
- Jackalope jobs
Amy will be hosting a webinar on Tuesday, January 21st, from 1pm-2pm EST. It’s titled How to Become a Thought Leader in Your Industry through Social Media. Space is limited, so sign up here. Here are a few details of what you will learn.
In this informative webinar you will learn:
• The key to achieving thought leadership
• How to come up with topical ideas for your industry
• How to tame the mess and focus your message to your audience
• How to be part of a CEO-cial network
• How to make the most of your waiting time
• Helpful tools for developing a multi-strategy approach
• How “cross-pollination” of concepts from other industries can help you improve, change, grow or affect your industry
• How to get your boss’ buy-in for social media use as a thought leadership tool
• How to initiate conversations and showing gratitude online
What was your key takeaway from this interview? I’d love to hear from you.