Allison Vesterfelt joins me on the podcast today. I have enjoyed watching as her writing career has grown immensely over the last few years. I recently finished her new book, Packing Light. I am excited to give away a copy to a listener.
On this episode, we talk about:
- Restlessness versus being grateful for where we are
- What if the story of the rich young ruler was a literal request?
- We all hold on to things that we most likely need to let go of
- It’s easy to cover up your dysfunctions when you have access to everything you need
- No words are wasted when you write. They are all building blocks to help you get where you are going.
- Writing can be lonely sometimes
- Invite people into your writing process
- Figuring out how to be practical and also monetize your art can be challenging
- Staying stuck doesn’t make you feel unstuck, it just makes you feel more stuck
- What’s preventing you from doing what you are called to do?
- You build the bridge as you walk over it
- Start with eliminating physical clutter. It is tied to the emotional.
- Your life is waiting, but your arms are full
What did you like about this episode? Leave a message to be entered to win a copy of Allison’s book Packing Light.