I absolutely loved having Jon Acuff on the podcast. He has been a big influence on me over the last few years. He’s helped me learn to dream again, and live differently. He also helped inspire this podcast with his encouraging words about making a difference right where you are.
Jon is a NYT Best Selling author, a speaker, and an incredible motivator. I am thankful for him and his team at Dave Ramsey who help challenge us to live our best life.
You can join Jon and hundreds of dreamers at his Start Conference in Nashville on September 13th and 14th. I have been to all three of his Quitter conferences, as well as START night earlier this year. They have all been amazing. One thing I love about his events is that Jon and his team take the feedback and improve the event each time. I know they have an incredible schedule planned for this conference. You will not be disappointed! You can find out more here. If you’re planning to be there, let me know. I would love to meet you.
I’m excited to share our discussion with you. On this episode, we talk about:
- Learning to stop waiting for someday
- Not waiting until you think you’re ready to start
- Purpose doesn’t find you on your couch like a pizza delivered to your door
- Purpose is attracted to motion
- Find one small action, then get started
- The worse place to put your spouse is on the opposite end of your dream. Dreaming is a great team sport!
- If it’s easy, you won’t learn anything
- We ALL need community
I’d love to hear how you are STARTting. Leave a comment below.
I’d also be incredibly honored if you’d leave an honest review on iTunes.